Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Now this is How I Would Do It!

Hello Friends!

We have seen then end of new ideas.

No. That is not true. Or at least that statement is a bit over blown.

New ideas are happening all the time! All around us! They are exciting, and bright, and wonderful! What they aren't is profitable.

Yeah, new ideas scare people, and what that means is that Hollywood is going to take old ideas that people already like, add a bunch of modern bells and whistles and sell it to the movie going public over and over again. Well, it means a lot of things, most considerably more important than the goings on of the film industry, but movies are sort of my thing, so that's what I'm choosing to focus on.

Everyday Hollywood pukes out another remake, or re-imagining, or sequel to something that came out 20 years ago. Why?! Because no matter how bad the A-Team movie is there are going to be 100 Million people who are going to go see it anyway because they already know the theme song!

Everyday when faced with another crappy remake I say to myself "Now this is How I Would Do It!"

And what makes me so qualified to say what I would do is any better then big name Hollywood types? How about a four years film school followed by a year of freelance camera work! Ok fine... I'm just some jerk with a lot of opinions. But isn't that what makes the world go around?

So, come on, let me tell you how I would do it...

1 comment:

  1. Right on! I'm looking forward to stealing ... er, I mean reading your ideas.

    ReplyDelete